Building your Analytical Skill set
Tuesday, September 24, 20136:00 PM to
- Price: $10.00/per person
The subtitle is "How to be a good consumer of statistical analysis." My goal is to present (in about 70 minutes) some basic statistical knowledge a manager should have to work with an analysis team.
Part of the talk is about how to interact with the team: I will talk about an exploration process that is collaborative between analysts and managers, and iterative.
And then I'll introduce topics in statistics, including lots of material from this blog:
- The CDF: the best, and sadly underused, way to visualize distributions.
- Scatterplots, correlation and regression: how to visualize and quantify relationships between variables.
- Hypothesis testing: the most abused tool in statistics.
- Estimation: quantifying and working with uncertainty.
- Visualization: how to use the most powerful and versatile data analysis system in the world, human vision.
Here are the slides I'm planning to present:
Hope you can attend!